General Summary:Prepare patients for examination and performs obstetric and gynecological ultrasound exams as directed by the physicians.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Understands and practices proper operation of ultrasound imaging equipment by evidence of observation and / or image documentation.
- Explains exam procedures to patient, instruct and assist patient into position for exam.
- Performs obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound exams as directed by the physician.
- Implements safety procedures for patients, self and staff.
- Maintains and clean ultrasound equipment and room
- Orders supplies and monitor inventory
- Handle physician requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with other clinical functions as directed
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nuclear medicine and registered or registry-eligible as Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
Education:High school diploma/GED andCompletion of approved Ultrasound Tech program
Certification: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographerscertification. CPR certification.
Work requires a level knowledge of patient care methods, procedures and techniques.
One year experience in OBGYN setting.
Experience in perinatal, MFM, and MFM Sonographer.
Knowledge of View point preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.