This position will apply medical ultrasound to the patient in accordance with a doctor's order and works within the scope of practice as defined by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and American Society Radiologic Technologists. This position must be able to handle the movement, set-up and operation of medical ultrasound equipment The technologist must be able to handle all patients according to the needs of that patient. This position takes direction from the Radiology Medical Director and understands patient assessment and treatment procedures as outlined by policy. The position provides patient assessment information to the Radiologist as needed. The position has a responsibility to appropriately document procedural information in the patient's medical record including PACS.
- Radiology Associate Degree preferred
- Completion of a Radiology focused program, in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Sufficient clinical scanning experience to be eligible for certification with ARRT and/or RDMS
- Annual education in radiation dose management for adults and pediatric populations is required
- Minimum 1 year scanning experience in Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular and Breast Ultrasound preferred
- Must have active credentials with at least one of the following registries: ARDMS (RDMS), ARRT (S). Will consider registry eligible with registry or certification achievement within twenty four months of hire date
- LRST/ARRT Radiologic Technology License preferred
- Certification in OB/GYN or Breast preferred