Under minimal supervision, performs basic diagnostic ultrasound procedures, as requested by a licensed physician.
Exercises professional judgment in providing health care services, to assist in diagnosis or treatment of patients in all age groups from newborn to elderly.
May be multi-credentialed in the area of sonography.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned.
- Verifies patient identification, confirms physician orders, obtains patient medical history/consent forms prior to performing of any procedure.
- Assures proper completion of all exams requested, proper labeling of all films and prompt release of all patients upon completion of the exam.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the operation and proper handling of all diagnostic equipment.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or needed adjustments to their immediate supervisor.
- Ensures that the equipment rooms are kept clean and properly stocked at all times.
- Willingly accommodates all add-on requests with minimal disruption in daily schedule.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of all computer systems utilized within their work environment such as SourceRad, PACS, PenRad and VI Web.
- Maintains communication and cooperation with radiologists and other ancillary departments regarding changes in protocol, scheduling of procedures, exams performed and patient flow.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment and utilization of proper positioning, protocol and techniques to obtain a quality diagnostic image. Identifies normal anatomy and/or unusual findings.
- Reviews prior studies and reports that correlate with the current examination to ensure that special attention are paid to the area of interest in question.
- Consults with a radiologist regarding suspicious findings prior to releasing the patient so that a determination can be made as to whether or not additional testing is needed.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of Diagnostic Sonography
Preferred: Associates degree
Preferred: 1-3 years
Required: ARDMS or ARRT; BLS
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.