Description: Ultrasound Technologist -performs diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment to locate, evaluate and record critical functional, pathological, and anatomical data. Schedules and coordinates tests, records test results, and prepares and maintains operational logs.
- Performs Ultrasound Examinations.
- Documents patient assessment and history.
- Provides patient education.
- Operates computer and ultrasound equipment for image production and documentation.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
- Performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal images.
- Enters and properly completes all patient information including exam charges and supplies into the Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Prepares films for interpretation by the radiologist in an accurate and timely manner.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to unique needs of the department and respond appropriately.
- Communicate abnormal situations to proper sources in a way that facilitates resolution and/or tracking.
- Actively engages other health care providers (radiologist, surgeons, specialist, and mammographers) to ensure quality, continuity and appropriateness of care.
- Follows department procedures/processes/policies.
- Practices safety measures in radiography by adhering to all governing regulations.
- Follows universal precautions, infection control guidelines and sterile technique.
- Complies with all governing regulations.
- Stocks and cleans exam rooms/work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applies the profession's code of ethics in all aspects of practice.