LOCATION:John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital
SHIFT:4:00PM - 12:00 AM
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Performs services related to patients undergoing general and arterial ultrasound examination. Duties include operating Ultrasound equipment as well as performing all types of Ultrasound examinations on patients.
- Must havecompleted an approved training program in diagnostic ultrasound program.(Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
- Must possesstwo (2) years of varied imaging experience in diagnostic ultrasound
- Must beARDMS certifiedORARRT registeredOReligible (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Must beCPR trained with certification in Basic Life Support (Must provide proof at time of interview)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in performing general ultrasound to include limited to abdomen, OB breast, extremities, small parts and Doppler studies to include vascular, venous and arterial studies
- Basic computer skills and ability to perform required tasks in Radnet system
- Applies knowledge of patient restraints policy and procedures
- Understands the use of pediatric immobilization devices
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; communication techniques are age appropriate
- Ability to use a variety of ultrasound equipment
- Demonstrates ability to position patients of various body sizes and ages correctly & manipulate equipment & controls to produce optimum radiographic image
- Demonstrates ability to select appropriate safe technical factors for exposure for patients of various body sizes and ages
- Practices radiation safety protection appropriate to gender and age group
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health &Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who haveserved in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuousservice.
To take advantage ofthis preference a Veteranmust:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of theirDD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of avalidState ID Card or Driver’s Licensewhich identifies the holder of theID as a Veteran, may also be attached to theapplication at time offiling.
If items are not attached, you will not beeligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS ORAPPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
MUST MEET REQUIREDQUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, pleaseclick on the following link:http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
*Degrees awarded outside the United Stateswith the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territoriesand Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluationservice belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Pleasenote all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions:satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminalbackground checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successfulcompletion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS ANEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER