Rio Grande Regional Hospital 24 Hour Emergency Care Center- San Juan, Texas
Rio Grande Regional Hospital’s 24 Hour Emergency Care is an off-site emergency department located at 200 E. Expressway 83 in San Juan, Texas. At Rio Grande Regional Hospital’s 24 Hour Emergency Care patients can expect fast, convenient care with experienced board-certified physicians. All lab work and imaging (digital x-ray, CT scan, ultrasound) are performed and processed on-site to expedite care. An Emergency Department physician will interpret radiology and lab results, discuss your diagnosis, and review follow-up care. Emergencies are never planned, but when an emergency happens, Rio Grande Regional Hospital’s 24 Hour Emergency Care - offers superior medical care, close to home.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital 24 Hour Emergency Care Center is currently looking for an Ultrasound Technician.
2. Assists physician with Ultrasound guided biopsies or invasive procedures.
3. Assures the department meets the criteria for varies accrediting agencies, these include The State.
4. Expectations Ethics and Compliance: All employees will be held accountable for behaviors displayed relative to the values articulated in the Mission and Values Statement. “Will act with absolute honest, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” All employees will be held accountable for attending training regarding the Code of Conduct program at least annually.
5. Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
6. Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
7. Must pass compentecy exam annually.
8. Photographs images of organs shown on display module, or removes strip printout from equipment, to obtain permanent record of internal examination.
9. Practices AITET principles daily.
10. Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination.
11. Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test.
12. Starts equipment which produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout, or film.
13. Follows and adheres to the HLD of all probes used during examinations. Provides all the necessary documentation and logs the information into the logbook.