General Statement of Duties:
The UltrasoundTechnologist (sonographer) performs diagnostic procedures utilizing abackground in anatomy, physiology, physics and instrumentation to providetechnical information to aid the physician. The sonographer will maintaintechnical skills needed to perform ultrasound procedures to include abdominal,OB/GYN, venous Doppler, small parts, pediatrics (where applicable) and invasiveexams. In addition, the sonographer will maintain department supplies andequipment and will participate in the quality control of the ultrasounddepartment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintainsskills and understanding of innovation in techniques and equipment in medical
2. Assistsphysicians in performing ultrasound-guided biopsies and other invasiveprocedures.
3. Demonstratesthe knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonate, pediatric,adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
4. Responsiblefor the proper use of the Radiology Computer System (scheduling exams, patienttracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
5. Followssafety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impendingcrisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) toprevent further complications.
6. Understandsand follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of alljob tasks. Maintains order andcleanliness. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross