Summit Medical Center
Location: FSED in Mt. Juliet
Our 218 bed facility is located in Hermitage TN and was named as a Top Hospital in Quality by The Joint Commission. We are certified as a primary stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center and cancer program. We, the employees of TriStar Summit Medical Center, have a unique calling to care for those in need, whether they are patients or loved ones. In fulfilling this calling we believe in and practice daily, the values and standards that place us at the Summit of health care. Every employee is committed to the I SERVE...with pleasure values which we hold in the daily performance of our duties.
These are the expectations of all TriStar Summit employees. They are a reflection of us individually and as a group. To ensure high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians to support staff. So if you’re all about making a difference in healthcare, TriStar Summit offers excellent opportunities to advance your career and achieve your goals.
The Ultrasonographer performs a variety of technical procedures that require rational independent judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in performing Ultrasounds and Radiology procedures with basic departmental functions and goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the Competency Validation Checklist(s).
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives established annually as listed on the Performance Evaluation. Displays courteous behavior and cooperative relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to multitask and keep a professional appearance/attitude at all times. Demonstrates quality patient care by attending to patients comfort needs and demonstrating concern for their spiritual and emotional needs.
- Tactfully and diplomatically communicates with patients, various departments, and their employees even during stressful times. Interacts well with co-workers on a daily basis. Works to maintain a productive and friendly work environment to aid in the retention of staff.
- Accepts ownership of patient/family concerns and seeks appropriate resolution. Maintains positive attitude when asked to perform any job related duties by fellow employees/supervisor.
- Consistently responds to employee/patient issues/concerns in a kind and non-judgmental manner in order to promote high employee/patient satisfaction survey results.
- Helps the person to whom they report directly to, identify and resolve departmental/staff and patient issues by communicating openly and honestly with employees as well as with the person to whom they directly report.
- Consistently and openly supports actions and efforts of the Imaging and Therapy management team.
- Consistently participates in performance improvement activities, including Joint Commission compliance, facility inspections/drills, and department specific activities. Performs all other duties as required