At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for operating diagnostic ultrasound equipment while performing sonographic procedures at technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail in order to obtain diagnostic images on patients of all ages. The position performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative. The incumbent assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Assumes responsibility for welfare of patients to ensure a safe and positive examination experience.
- Communicates and maintains proper relations personally and on the telephone with other Departments, Medical Center staff, M.D.�s and patients� families to ensure a proper guest relations atmosphere.
- Assists with training of Ultrasound students and new-hire personnel to provide quality education, instructions, and orientation to the Ultrasound Department.
- Performs ultrasound examinations in a timely, proficient manner in order to assure efficient patient flow through the department.
- Performs the highest quality and number of different types of ultrasound examinations in order to assure a continuity of patient care.
- Utilizes R.I.S. and related interfaces as appropriate for job responsibilities to contribute to integration and success of automated patient care goals.
- Provides additional information of ultrasound worksheets to assist Radiologists in dictating all necessary findings for exam(s).
- Maintains service areas, clean equipment, necessary supplies, and report any malfunctions to ensure professionalism and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in acute care setting
- Ability to perform abdominal, pelvic, vascular, obstetrical, small parts examinations.
- Ability to learn non-imaging vascular exams.
- Certificate of completion in the study of Diagnostic Medical Sonography or proof of RDMS certification.
- A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) certification is required.