Ultrasound Technologist - Weekday Evenings Only-7462-4939
Under the general guidance of the physicians/providers performs a variety of diagnostic ultrasonographic procedures.
Reports to: Director, Radiology
Receives patients, explains method of procedure and makes sure patient is comfortable.
- Provides patient services to all ages using imaging modalities.
- Operates ultrasound equipment to perform clinical diagnostic ultrasound exams and routine invasive procedures according to established standards and practices.
Maintains equipment and supplies and organizes work area.
- Keeps accurate records, helps with scheduling of the ultrasound and keeps patient flow smooth.
- Assesses patient condition, ensures patient safety through proper use of restraint/support devices.
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examination for interpretation and communicate pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examination for interpretation and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Uses computer system in documenting correctly and accurately patient information to ensure the quality of patient care: (a) patient's full name (b) patient's medical record number (c) patient's date of birth (d) examinations performed.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations to ensure proper examination documentation and charges.
Associate's Degree required.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Licenses: ARDMS certified highly preferred or ARDMS eligible. If not certified, must complete within one year of employment or transfer. Multi-modality certifications are a plus.
ARRT encouraged, but not required.
Computer: Basic computer skills
Minimum Work Experience
1-2 years preferred
Job Please select a valid job field
Primary Location NC-Rutherfordton
Work Schedule 2nd shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only