Come work for the Emerald Coast's "Finest Place to Work"...we earned this award 5 years in a row! Excellent benefits...401K, PTO, medical, dental/vision, tuition assistance and more!
Have or obtain a Florida Class “D” Security Officer License.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the safety and security of Bob Hope Village residents and guests as well as all AFEV grounds and buildings when regular staff members are not present.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All of the following duties are explained in detail in each village Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Consider resident and personal safety and notify local authorities if the situation warrants.
- Attend to residents in distress. Never attempt to lift a resident unable to get up. Call 911 when warranted.
- Confront and redirect trespassers.
- Stop and query unregistered vehicle traffic; ascertain destination and direct.
- Identify and correct (or have corrected by appropriate personnel) unsafe conditions.
- Address and dispel loud or disruptive activities.
- Log wildlife sightings and notify authorities. Never approach wild animals.
- Check apartments of those residents on vacation/in hospital; ensure they are locked.
- Prepare Guard Log Entries as described in each Village Standard Operating Procedure.
- Use the three steps below to achieve/manage primary goals of Security:
- Maintain a high Visibility uniformed presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions; Guards should be visible to both the AFEV community and to the outside community.
- Observe (either directly, through patrols, or by watching alarm systems or video cameras) for signs of crime, EMS alerts, fire or disorder
- Take action and/or report any incidents to supervision or emergency services as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by President/CEO or Village Directors.
Other related duties include familiarization with all AFEV living areas and grounds; perform routine check of the grounds and all buildings. Specific areas of responsibility are listed in each Village SOP.