Summary of Position Requirements
Provides accounting support involving accounts payable, journal entries and the processing of vendor checks and various office administrative duties for accounting department.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and ensure proper coding of invoices and submit to Regional Accounting Center.
- Set up Vendors, manage vendor files and file invoices
- Manage Voids, Open AP and responsible for ABR maintenance
- Process check requests and prepare checks for mailing and distribution.
- Collect and manage completed copies of Lien Waivers prior to payment processing.
- Prepare weekly payment register, verify accuracy and obtain approval from Controller before submitting to Corporate for check processing
- ACH/ Epayables payment releases in JDE
- Review document history (test for double payments, coding inconsistencies, duplicate commitments, etc.)
- Review Statements received and reconcile past due unpaid invoices.
- Responsible for sending vendor letters quarterly regarding unpaid invoices and help research their responses.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies and communicate with business partners to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Manage Buildpro payables lien release
- Update on a monthly basis model utility schedule, and inventory utility schedule. Ensure timely cutoff of utilities after homes close to a third party.
- Maintain current 1099 history on required vendors and complete 1099 filing at year-end.
- Prepare miscellaneous customized reports to assist Accounting Department.
- Various other administrative functions for all departments for the division and assisting in absence of other associates on the Division Accounting team.
- Meet all required time schedules and month end deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum of two years office and accounts payable experience
- Homebuilding Industry experience a plus
- Intermediate computer skills – Microsoft Word and Excel
- JD Edwards experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail