Work closely with the Division Controller, Land Acquisition, Land Development, and Sales and Marketing to analyze and obtain company approval for the purchase of land and/or homesites for the Division. Responsible for the sourcing and preparation of detailed market analysis reports and detailed land transaction financial analysis for properties under consideration for purchase.
- Perform financial analysis for properties under consideration for purchase and financial updates for current communities.
- Assist in Greenfolder process by preparation of vestacalcs, and other charts, graphs and reports as required
- Prepare market analysis, assess values and prepare narrative reports for properties under consideration for purchase.
- Assist in financial feasibility analysis for each of the Division’s acquisitions opportunities
- Prepare underwriting proformas and related financial documentation for each asset acquired by Division
- Perform asset sales pricing analysis (e.g., residual value analysis) and formulate/analyze financial deal points for each of the Division’s disposition opportunities
- Maintain market analysis database for use in project feasibility analysis
- Understand competitive market by visiting sites as required and collate and analyze competitive pricing, features, costs, etc.
- Monitor market activity for pricing, value, absorption and trends.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of a database of available land opportunities.
- Update and maintain internal land tracking/pipeline reports.
- Prepare feasibility/approval schedules for contracted deals in the approval pipeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, engineering, accounting, finance, real estate or similar program required. Similar experience will be considered.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in land acquisition, homebuilding or real estate preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet preparation and analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
- Experience in the use of market research tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and produce in a fast paced environment.
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly motivated, self-managed, detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Local experience is recommended and preferred.