SitusAMC is seeking an Underwriter/Analyst for our Residential Mortgage Diligence division. The Underwriter/Analyst is responsible for conducting a detailed analysis/review of newly originated and seasoned loan products. The review may include, but is not limited to, legacy compliance, credit & TRID compliance, servicing, modifications, title, collateral, etc., in a paperless environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review loan files for completeness and accuracy including but not limited to, calculation and verification of income & assets, evaluation of credit reports, purchase contracts, appraisals, title commitments, VOE, tax returns, divorce decrees, and other loan pertinent compliance documentation
- Evaluate debt & loan-to-value ratios, credit score, property valuation and various other factors
- Determine and document loan conditions, communicate requirements, and/or decisions
- Identify portfolio risks resulting from the client's underlying business practices, underwriting, and/or fraud exposure
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable agency and non-agency underwriting guidelines
- Exhibit working knowledge of AUS to determine applicable loan conditions
- Such other activities as may be assigned by your manager
- 4+ years of recent underwriting and/or due diligence (post-close) experience in the residential mortgage industry
- Knowledge and familiarity with current mortgage policies/procedures, compliance laws and regulations—including TRID—and understanding of mortgage regulatory changes
- High producer with attention to quality
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player & ability to multi -task and cross-train as needed based on business demands and performance
- Detail oriented, with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate professional behavior including:
- Positive attitude
- Understanding and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage guidelines and policies for VA, FHA, FNMA, FHLMC & USDA
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment and every two years thereafter
- When / if working remotely
- Maintenance of a safe and professional home office environment
- Appropriate equipment set-up including dual monitors, high speed internet and appropriate computer systems
- Completion of required skill and knowledge-based assessments for employment consideration
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment.
- Frequent use of computer/keyboard/mouse
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping, standing, and repetitive motions
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply, please email: email@example.com