Celebrity Home Loans, (“CHL”) is a national independent mortgage bank with a progressive 50 state licensing strategy. We lend billions of dollars annually through our highly diversified network of retail divisions, regions, and branches. Our corporate core mission is to create a culture of responsible autonomy- which means every one of our employees has the freedom and flexibility to reach their highest goals while remaining accountable for their decisions and their results. We seek similarly minded folks who believe they work best and achieve the most when given the opportunity to operate with responsible autonomy.
Residential Mortgage loan underwriters are responsible for approving or rejecting mortgages. To make this decision, the mortgage underwriter must generate a risk report and demonstrate how the contents of the report are within the lender's guidelines for approval, or how the contents of the report fail to meet the guidelines. The first thing that mortgage underwriters do is obtain and review credit reports for prospective debtors. Next, they obtain information from prospective debtors about their income, and possibly their assets and other debts. Afterward, mortgage underwriters will determine what collateral is available that can be used to back the mortgage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Underwrites residential mortgage loans in accordance with Fannie, Freddie, FHA and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards.
• Has current in-depth experience and complete knowledge of Fannie, Freddie and FHA lending guidelines and understands how those relate to internal and investor guidelines as well as knowledge pertaining to the regulations governing mortgage lending.
• AUS loans – reviewing data input, validating data integrity, and ensuring compliance with agencies AUS guidelines.
• Non-AUS loans (FHA Streamline and VA IRRRL) - analyzing loan applications to determine risk to MEM and acceptability to HUD standards.
• Review and analyze borrower profiles, credit reports (including supporting documentation), income documentation, asset documentation and title reports. Has thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and expertise in tax return and balance sheet analysis.
• Ensure documentation is appropriate to support credit decision.
• Ability to properly assess and respond to fraud indicators.
• Analyze appraisals for accurate property valuation for conventional and FHA loans.
• Issue timely loan approvals or adverse action notifications.
• Minimum of ≥ 5-years’ experienced in loan underwriting and active within last 12-mo’s
• DE-CHUMS ID, VA-LAPP and/or USDA-GUS experience required.
• Experience with Encompass LOS a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and decipher policies, programs and guidelines.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities and prioritize work in a deadline intensive environment.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to influence through collaboration.
• Self-motivated, high level of personal energy and commitment.
• Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance.
Celebrity Home Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Celebrity Home Loans NMLS # 227765
One Mid America Plaza, Suite 800, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181