Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
We are seeking a Private Not for Profit (PNP) Healthcare Underwriter based in the Philadelphia branch office. The successful candidate must have a track record of success in Financial Lines. See below for additional detail on responsibilities.
- Produce and underwrite the financial lines for individual healthcare risks including hospitals, long term care, and managed care organizations within the Private/NFP D&O Group.
- Collaborating with the Financial Lines manager to exceed the Private Not For Profit business plan
- Responsible for the financial performance, including profit, rate, retention, and growth, of an assigned book of business consisting of D&O, EPL, Crime, K/R and Fiduciary lines
- Successful personal market penetration and agency management including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships via frequent agency travel
- Developing personal agency strategy and goals with continual monitoring of progress
- Identifying cross sell opportunities within commercial products and services on personal book of business.
- Soliciting, selecting and analyzing risk within PNP guidelines and ensuring proper documentation
- Developing and negotiating price, coverage, and terms and conditions for all new business and renewals and actively identifying account rounding opportunities in line with division strategy
- Meeting with producers and renewal customers to make sales presentations including product education and new product roll out
- Collaborating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing and home office product management
- Consistently meeting service standards
- Collecting and sharing industry intelligence with team, including industry trending and development
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Financial Lines
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in sales, marketing and negotiation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Experience developing and executing on marketing plans and prospects
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment while executing all Corporate Strategies
- Sound, balanced, and timely decision making skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience underwriting Financial Lines (preferably 2-3+ years)
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Philadelphia - 436 Walnut St