UWC Underwriter I (
Job Number:330736 )
Chubb Group of Insurance Company’s Whitehouse Station office in New Jersey is currently seeking an Underwriter to join its Life Sciences team in the Eastern Underwriting Center.
Main responsibilities include:
- Underwrite and negotiate renewals and endorsements with a total Life Sciences portfolio premium of approximately $4M and 400 policies.
- Lines of business include commercial package (including product liability and errors and omissions), automobile, umbrella, international and workers compensation.
- Achieve favorable rate and retention within given territory
- Underwriting duties will include:
- Account rounding
- Marketing and servicing accounts based on Chubb guidelines
- Develop strong relationships with independent agents and brokers and overseas counterparts in order to successfully manager our business which may require travel to producer location
Skills and Competencies:
- Candidate must have proven ability to successfully negotiate and develop producer relationships
- A strong track record of service orientation is required.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, underwriting and pricing strategies
- Solid background in risk analysis
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and cohesively in a team environment in conjunction with service staff, loss control, field marketing underwriters and branch employees
- Knowledge of life science emerging hazards, trends and concepts preferred
- Ability to coach and develop others via peer to peer development
- Strong multi-line underwriting background.
- Deep analytical skills supported by interpersonal effectiveness in understanding the needs of the customer and matching those needs to Chubb solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Two to five years of multi-line underwriting experience is preferred.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Whitehouse Station - B
Whitehouse Station 08889
Job Posting- Dec 5, 2019, 7:36:29 PM