Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Underwriting Assistant (Chubb Global Casualty Domestic- National Accounts)
To provide technical Underwriting and administrative support for assigned complex National Accounts while adhering to published National service standards. Lines of coverage: Workers Compensation, General Liability, Auto Liability. Program Structures: Loss Sensitive/ Guaranteed Cost
- Assist in Pre renewal strategy discussion on all assigned renewals. Review renewal & new business submissions for completeness. Reach out to broker for missing information in tandem with Underwriter
- Send renewal letters to brokers for upcoming accounts, request policy numbers.
- Identify proper forms and endorsements used in go forward renewal policy construction in tandem with Underwriter.
- Complete and submit accurate Rating instructions for workers’ compensation, general liability and automobile liability lines of business to processing center. Review for accuracy.
- Process Auto UM/UIM forms, Auto DMV reporting, WC Posting notices, Auto Filings, & Workers Compensation CAT & Industrial Aircraft models. Pull and save audits. Complete comparisons Year over year with various tools.
- Follow up for missing information and process and submit policy issuance instructions on behalf of Underwriter for both Domestic and incidental Foreign Casualty. Interface with processing center to ensure all questions addressed to ensure proper quality work product. Review policies upon receipt for accuracy, submit corrections and ensure policy delivery to brokers.
- Request rates, reports, and other information from various State bureaus. Mail off Notices of elections to specific States.
- Submit endorsement requests to processing center
- Process WC Bureau Criticisms and submit endorsements requests as needed. Work closely with States and internal and external trading partners to bring about conclusion in a timely fashion particularly if fine bearing.
- Maintain service standards for all above transactions; by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of underwriting information.
- Communicate with all levels of employees to include, but not limited to, producers and internal personnel to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing.
- Properly document all files within established due dates. Ability to effectively manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Provide technical underwriting & Training Support for underwriting teams. Participate in Broker visits, or Mid Term Stewardship meetings at Underwriter recommendation. Handle special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of insurance experience preferably in a National accounts setting;
- Strong data entry and computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and various internal programs.
- Solid understanding of insurance terminology and utilization of various systems (example: Silver Plume, NCCI, ISO, IRMI).
- Takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems and complex issues
- Demonstrates a desire and capacity to expand expertise, develop new skills and grow professionally.
- Willingly does more than is required or expected in the job
- Ability to re-direct personal efforts in response to changing circumstances
- Effectively executes on plans, drives for results and takes accountability for outcomes.
- Upholds and models Chubb values and always does the right thing for the company, colleagues and customers.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.