Underwriting Associate (
Job Number:330667 )
Marine Facilities Group is seeking an Underwriting Associate for Commercial Insurance located in the Philadelphia, PA office or Wilmington, DE office.
The Underwriting Associate contributes to the achievement of corporate goals relating to growth, profit, renewal retention, service and producer/client management.
The Underwriting Associate is responsible for:
- Gathering and analyzing account information (loss information, DNB’s, driver information, financials, loss control reports, etc.)
- Completing, documenting Quote prep and Risk Analysis
- Coordinating account processing for renewals and new accounts with underwriter and customer service representative
- Providing rating and issuance instructions including appropriate forms, coverages, and final premium
- Reviewing submission information with underwriter and assist with preparing quote letter
- Documenting underwriting analysis and benchmark information in the electronic file; ensuring electronic file integrity
- Processing endorsements within designated authority
- The selected candidate must have strong communication, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate: Math aptitude, familiarity with or ability to learn the reference manuals. ISO rating for Package and Auto, Work comp bureaus and other regulatory agencies as appropriate to states.
- Willingness to learn the electronic systems, underwriting principles, policy forms and proficient in Word and Excel.
- General Commercial Insurance experience required.
Minimum High school degree or equivalent.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Philadelphia - 436 Walnut St
Job Posting- Nov 14, 2019, 3:13:20 PM