FedNat Insurance Co., in Sunrise, FL. is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Supervisor for our Underwriting Department. Candidate should possess a deep knowledge of general liability, excess liability, transportation – trucking/auto as well a commercial property and associated lines. Must be detail oriented with great organizational skills. This individual must also be able to work independently with minimum supervision and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Prior management experience preferred but not required.
The essentials of this position will be to:
- Responsible for profitable growth of product lines offered.
- Supervise and train current and new staff.
- Evaluate business for risk accessibility – matching price to exposure, loss frequency and severity of profitability and rating plan modifications for renewal retention.
- Accepts, modifies or rejects risks based on a review of business in terms of loss experience, inspection reports, file information, web resources, policy holder tenure and nature of risk in accordance with company guidelines, standards and compliance with state laws.
- Understand ISO rating methodology and Software Interface.
- May accompany marketing agents on calls to prospects or present clients to explain technical aspects of the policy development and rating.
- Compile and deliver production reports
- 7-10 years of experience (preferably in a company setting)
- Prior management or supervisory experience preferred
- 4-40 or 2-20 license preferred
- Knowledge of Excel, Word
- Some Travel will be required
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including, Medical, Dental, Matching 401K and other voluntary benefits.