Underwriting Work Lead (
Job Number:330668 )
Marine Facilities Group is seeking a Work Lead for the Marine Facility Group in Commercial Insurance located in either the Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE offices.
The Work Lead isan advanced level position requiring very limited supervision. The Work Lead is responsible for supporting the underwriting process for multiple lines of insurance coverage which includes property, casualty, automobile and marine coverages. The Work Lead will research issues, run reports and trend data to provide an analysis and subsequent potential solutions. Uses skills and abilities to perform tasks of high complexity that require deep technical experience. This position is also accountable for collaborating with team members to achieve growth, profit, renewal retention, service and producer/client management goals for an assigned book of business
•Gathering and analyzing account information (loss information, DNB’s, driver information, financials, loss control reports, etc.)
•Completing, documenting Quote prep and Risk Analysis
•Coordinating account processing for renewals and new accounts with underwriter and customer service representative
•Providing rating and issuance instructions including appropriate forms, coverages, and final premium
•Reviewing submission information with underwriter and assist with preparing quote letter
•Documenting underwriting analysis and benchmark information in the electronic file; ensuring electronic file integrity
•Processing endorsements within designated authority
The Work Lead role is an advanced level Underwriting Associate position that is accountable for acting as a lead for multifaceted technical assistance supporting UA’s.
·Responsible for quality reviews, workload balancing, identify key communication components of the UA job (TPM, process & workflow changes, strategy memos) and when needed provide training.
·The Work Lead will reinforce key communication components through mentorship as well as written and verbal platforms.
·The Work Lead will provideteamwith direction and support that will improve their technical skills and drive strong results.
·Work Lead must have the ability to motivate and gain buy-in from others, reflect a positive attitude and interact with all levels. 70% of this role is production based UA Role while the remaining 30% is allocated to the Work Lead role.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Philadelphia - 436 Walnut St
Job Posting- Nov 14, 2019, 3:02:34 PM