By Light is hiring a Unified Capabilities Engineer to join our team supporting a DOD customer project. Candidates should have experience operating within team through all phases of the engineering lifecycle (Requirements, Architecture and Design, Testing, Implementation, and Sustainment) for projects and activities across a variety of collaborative technologies (voice/video/web conferencing, chat, presence, mobility, email, etc.). The UC Engineer will assist efforts for oversight, direction, and engineering support for various hardware development efforts.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
- Provide support within the hardware development engineering team.
- Manage hardware development projects through and at each stage of the engineering lifecycle.
- Ensure all hardware development work products and deliverables meet all requirements and quality standards.
- Ensure adherence to hardware development processes
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to project a thorough understanding of all hardware development activities, processes, procedures, etc.
- Minimum Security+ or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience with most phases of the engineering lifecycle (Requirements, Architecture and Design, Testing, Implementation, and Sustainment) for projects and activities across a variety of collaborative technologies (voice/video/web conferencing, chat, presence, mobility, email, etc.).
- Working knowledge of current collaborative technology platforms (i.e. Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo, Microsoft, etc.) with an emphasis on Voice/Video/Web conferencing.
- Working knowledge of current Virtualization platforms (i.e VI, VM, etc).
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience supporting a DoD IT organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Preferred experience with the Cisco VCS gatekeeper or the Polycom DMA 7000 gatekeeper.
- Minimum DOD Secret clearance required
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities