Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
We’re seeking an experienced Unified Service Center Specialist – Dependency to support our growing needs for child case management services. You’ll support the Dependency Case Management team charged with attending to the needs of children placed in care by the Department of Children and Families, with the end goal of finding permanent, stable, safe home environments for children. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for leadership and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Provide compliance, quality and operational counsel and oversight around case management practices and protocols.
- Continually assess operational and technical efficiency and provide recommendations and execution plans to senior leadership.
- Create and analyze data reports; direct case management team members and leadership through corrective actions.
- Establish partnerships with community service providers.
- Facilitate continuous communication between all arms of the child welfare and social service system to orchestrate expedited care coordination for children and families on behalf of case managers.
- Execute legal record entry and maintenance as well as data validation on behalf of case management team members and supervisors.
- Develop and distribute technical documentation to operational and functional team members and leadership.
- Forecast and coordinate case management activities and appointments.
- Evaluate case activity and provide interventions and/or guidance to promote safety, wellbeing and permanency.
- Manage the collection and distribution of case and legal documentation between entities.
- Organize case supervision and staffing to address urgent and emergent client needs in an expedited fashion.
- Generate and disseminate productivity/status reports for individual case managers, supervisors, units and programs.
- Construct and deliver operational and tactical training to various level of case management team members and leadership.
- Lead risk management and mitigation activities to address and reduce crisis situations with at-risk children and families.
- Analyze opportunities to improve care, service delivery, workflow processes and technology tools; employ critical thinking to generate short, mid and long term solutions.
- Serve as the pinnacle of support and communication to caregivers; remove barriers, create linkages to formal and informal supports and services, provide educational and informational resources and remove obstacles to stability and permanency.
- Strategically plan case activities, travel and transportation to reduce expense for the agency and improve productivity for team members.
- Escalate urgent or emergent situations to senior leadership and general counsel, assisting in the collection and explanation of information and activities.
- Collaborate with the organization’s technical team(s) as needed to develop technology recommendations and/or assist with the testing of centralized solutions.
- Working knowledge of the dependency case management field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field, required
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field, preferred
- Child Protection Certification, required
- Two years of experience with at risk children and families, required
- Two years of experience in the delivery of services in a dependency environment, required
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.