Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Under limited supervision, attends to security matters, taking care of tenant and management requests and providing a safe working environment. Perform security checks in all areas of the building and property and assist in emergency response situations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Address and resolve security issues as they arise.
- Secure floors and all common areas by conducting scheduled walks canvassing the building and property in the course of the assigned shift.
- As applicable, oversee security desk area. Provide assistance to individuals in need and addressing management/tenant requests. Maintain sign-in and security event logs.
- Issue temporary building passes to guests, as authorized by tenant/management.
- Monitor building and property for unauthorized entry or suspicious activity. This may include having to remove and detain individuals until law enforcement arrives. Notifies law enforcement agencies when necessary.
- Assist in emergency response situations and evacuation of building if necessary.
- Call for assistance from law enforcement, fire department and/or medical professionals in emergency situations, as needed.
- Provide basic first aid/life savings steps while awaiting medical professionals to respond to an emergency situation.
- Answer security phones in a prompt and professional manner.
- When necessary accept and deliver parcels and packages to tenants of the building.
- Notify appropriate staff of any broken or dangerous items for repair and/or removal.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Minimum 4 years related work experience to include security/law enforcement
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be fluent in Spanish (speak and understand)
- Certificate and a minimum of 16 hours from a security guard course completed
- Ability to meet any necessary physical requirements of the position
- Ability to work in high stress environment and handle emergency situations
- First aid or CPR certification preferred
- May perform other duties as assigned
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.