Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting jointly to the Senior Director of Unit and Faculty Support and the Organizational Behavior Unit Head, the Unit Coordinator provides high level administrative support to the Unit Head, and to the unit’s projects and activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Unit Coordinator, Organizational Behavior performs the following functions:
- Works closely with faculty Course Head to ensure smooth delivery of first year, required MBA course and provides direct course delivery support. Attend RC course support and teaching group meetings, liaise with MBA department staff; direct/lead FSSs supporting LEAD, prepare exam proctoring, coordinate course simulations. May assist with EC course simulations and coaches.
- Organizes and plans logistics for seminars series, research conferences and other unit events.
- Manages the administrative process for faculty recruiting: distribution of candidate materials, planning and coordination of visits, and compliance with recruiting guidelines.
- Assists with the administrative process for doctoral recruiting.
- Oversees teaching, research, course development mentoring observations, and assists with identifying and tracking field research opportunities.
- Assists Unit Head with process for multi-year unit faculty assignment planning.
- Keeps current on HBS/University initiatives; is information source on activities of faculty, unit, HBS and is unit’s liaison with internal and external contacts.
- Assists with identifying administrative support workload balance needs within unit.
- Manages unit calendar, budget; assists with unit space planning.
- Manages unit web presence, maintains files/archives.
- Performs broad range of desktop publishing, writing, editing, and technology support functions.
- Handles complex, confidential materials.
- May assist in identifying new technologies to improve office productivity, enhance teaching/research initiatives.
5+ yrs high-level administrative support is required.
BA/BS highly desired.
Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, project management, analytical, writing, and editing skills.
Proven ability to take initiative, work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle confidential information with discretion, and work well under deadlines.
Proficiency with web-based technology, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe.
Ability to learn, teach new software and stay current with various technologies.
Ability to develop an understanding of and stay up-to-date on the academic research of the unit.