Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Unit Deployment Manager
UNIT DEPLOYMENT MANAGER
PAE seeks a Unit Deployment Manager to augment PACAF squadrons. The focus of this work is to support non-flying additional duty positions traditionally filled by rated aircrew members. The Air Force unit deployment manager's responsibility is to conduct all administrative functions for troops that are deployed to accomplish the Air Force mission in peace or wartime scenarios. The selected candidate will also be responsible for the accounting and deployment of logistical items and equipment for Air Force operations. The deployment manager acts as a liaison between other Air Force units that have mobility designations for health assessment of troops and individual medical readiness databases to ensure that unit troops have updated immunization records. Specifically, the candidate must have experience of successful performance with the following:
- Preparing and processing individuals for deployments/re-deployments to/from combat zones, exercises, and other locations based on US Government, Department of Defense (DOD), AF, COCOM, and any other applicable guidance.
- Coordinating and scheduling required pre-departure training with the deploying personnel, their supervisor, and DOS.
- Coordinating Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 2A training requirements.
- Procuring deployment equipment specified by organizations or guidance from organizations, maintain this equipment, and distribute individual equipment for deploying personnel utilizing current host base and AFI guidance.
- Preparing implementation plans to meet reporting requirements as contained within the COCOM Unit Prep Message or Pre-Deployment Message.
- Preparing and submitting a list of requirements for purchase to squadron leadership in support of mobility/UDM requirements.
- Physically preparing deployable material for customs inspection into or out of the home-station.
- Interfacing with government-designated Commercial Travel Office (CTO), Air Mobility Command liaison officers, and unit/group/wing resource advisors to arrange and/or de-conflict deployment/re-deployment travel.
- Coordinating with wing, base and higher headquarters offices on deployment issues and maintain mobility folders/documentation IAW DoD Foreign Clearance Guide, AFI 10-244, AFI 10-403, AFI 33-332, AFI 37-132, associated AFCENT/MAJCOM/Installation supplements, and locally-developed guidance.
- Serving as the resident subject matter expert for all mandated administrative support programs (ex. Facility manager, equipment custodian, SharePoint manager, voting assistance monitor, etc.). Ensure unit program compliance with regulations, laws, policies, and squadron commander directives.
At least 3 years’ experience using the “Automated Civil Engineering System” (ACES) and the “Security Forces Management Information System” (SFMIS) for scheduling pre-deployment training.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing deployment reporting in tools such as Air Expeditionary Force Reporting Tool (ART) and Defense Readiness Reporting System
- At least 3 years’ experience using LOGMOD
- Possess a forklift license.
- Held rank of Staff Sergeant (E-5) or higher in USAF
Preferences: One-year experience working in a squadron-level or higher mobility office is highly desirable.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level with the ability to obtain a TS Clearance if necessary. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.