We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Provides clerical duties under the direction/supervision of the licensed nurse. Performs all tasks related to computer order entry, processing forms, charts, ordering lab, x-rays etc. on Invision, within their given scope of practice and telephone communication. Communicates in an efficient, accurate, and hospitable manner to ensure that patient, physician, and hospital needs are met.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Good English spelling skills
- Good English reading and comprehension skills
- Ability to follow directions as outlined in policies or given by supervisor
- Basic computer skills including the use of Windows and Mouse
- High School graduate (preferred)
- Current BLS certification
- Formal Unit Clerk Course and/or six month’s hospital experience and/or Registration Clerk experience
- Medical Terminology or demonstrated proficiency and or ability to learn
- Basic Window and Mouse skills preferred
- Non-violence intervention training (WPV)
- Typing 35 wpm minimum desirable