About This Center
Retama Manor Nursing Center/San Antonio West in San Antonio, TX is a 139-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
In conjunction with the DON, plans, coordinates and manages the clinical services for a specified nursing unit. Responsible for the coordination of nursing care and services provided to Residents in the various units. Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team in the planning and oversight of resident care activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assesses and evaluates the systems which facilitate the delivery of quality resident care.
- Collaborates with the Social Worker on the resolution of issues and concerns associated with resident / patient care including family issues.
- Implements and evaluates all nursing procedures and systems relative to unit programming.
- Makes nursing diagnoses that serve as the basis for the delivery of care.
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of the resident / patient.
- Develops a plan of care and implements nursing care based on assessment.
- Provides health education to patients and their families.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Adheres to scope of practice limitations based on qualifications.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with center policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- May perform general nursing duties when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Valid RN State license.
- One to three years (1-3) years of supervisory experience preferred.
- One to three years (1-3 Years) of Long-term Care experience preferred
Supervises nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.