Position Function: Universal Banker Management Trainees (UBMT) participates in a preparatory program, designed for job readiness in a branch management role. Upon completion of the program, the UBMTs are able to perform sales, servicing and operational functions in a branch setting. Assist in managing an assigned portfolio of High Value Clients (HVC) to build and retain customer relationships. Identifies potential customer banking needs and cross-sells other bank products and services; refers customers to specialist as appropriate. Responsible for meeting assigned operational, cross-sale and referral goals. Participates and supports the branch management team with ongoing coaching and development activities. Opens all types of consumer and business deposit and loan products; accepts and closes secured and unsecured consumer and scored business loans and personal lines of credit applications. Certified to accept and close home equity lines of credit and loans. The Universal Banker Management Trainee (UBMT) is hired, trained and mentored to eventually be assigned the role of UBIII, Assistant Manager. The training program consists of a curriculum designed to be completed within 18 – 30 months, depending on the participant’s progress and availability of placement opportunities. The UBMT will work on assignments that are complex in nature (problem resolution, NSF decision, balancing branch, audit and process improvement) and functions as a team leader when required. Considerable judgment, flexibility, and initiative required. Performs all duties and interacts with internal and external customers in a manner aligned with the Company Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Exceptional Service (TIES).
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, or equivalent experience
Universal Banker I:
• 1+ Years demonstrated success in sales and customer service.
• 1+ Years operations experience or completion of “Principles of Banking” training course within 6 months of hire.
Universal Banker II:
• 2+ Years demonstrated success in sales and customer service
• 2+ Years in operations experience or completion of “Principles of Banking” training course within 6 months of hire
• Achieving Results – Perseverance, and Decisiveness
• Communication & Influencing – Approachability
• Operating Skills – Priority Setting and Time Management
• Self-Management – Adaptability
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must successfully complete teller and new account certification within 6 months of hire.
• Proficient in the use of the PC, email applications, MS Office applications, and other programs to perform job duties.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include before and after normal work hours, weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing and able to travel to and from Oahu & occasionally Neighbor Island Branches for support coverage.
• Required to have a Notary License within 18 months of hire.
• Must be a Medallion Stamp Program authorized signer within 18 months of hire
• Current driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation.
• Must be able to move and lift items up to 20lbs and perform other light physical work.
• Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with all internal and external customers. Must also be able to hear sufficiently to engage in daily discussions and interactions.
• Must be able to read and understand bank-related documents.
• Must be able to work in a conventional office setting, involving sitting at a desk or workstation for long periods of time; able to adapt to different work environments as needed to complete training and perform the job.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.