In this role, the incumbent will be required to demonstrate excellent customer service in accordance with the Bank's Core Values and to maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the Bank's products and services. The Universal Banker will serve as the face of Investors Bank, providing superior customer service and acting in the capacity of a financial professional by engaging in needs based relationship building conversations. This includes an ethical approach to uncovering client needs and recommending appropriate products, services, and solutions to meet the clients short term and long term financial goals. The Universal Banker will be responsible for opening accounts, handling cash transactions, selling/cross-selling bank products and services as well as resolving simple and complex customer service issues. Individual must be a self-starter and goal oriented with a passion to succeed.
* Identifies, develops, and closes sales; applies needs based selling techniques to generate product interest; actively cross-sells products/services.
* Actively engage in meaningful conversation with customers in order to seek a thorough understanding of their compete financial needs. Recommend products and services to support the customer's needs, through in person efforts, referrals to other lines of business, and marketing campaign outreach
* Serves as digital expert with the ability to demonstrate above average knowledge of all ditial channels in an effort to cross sell and expand existing relationships.
* Deepens existing customer relationships through a variety of proactive sales and service initiatives which should be captures in the Bank's CRM.
* Drives proactive sales conversations through inbound and outbound interactions.
* Processes customer transactions and maintains accurate records of all interactions and transactions according to the Bank's policies and procedures.
* Opens checking, savings, money market, retirement products and certificates of deposit accounts. Processes out-going wire transfers. Performs loan closings. Orders checks and debit cards and provides starter checks for new accounts.
* Partners with and/or refer business specialist, ie., loan officers, business banker, financial advisors to ensure specialized financials needs are met.
* Develops working relationships by effectively responding to customer needs, resolving inquiries/ complaints in a positive, professional and timely manner as outlined in Bank policies and procedures.
* Responsible for ensuring all transactions are processed in accordance with internal policies and procedures including (BSA) Bank Secrecy Act requirements.
* Responsible for daily cash & ATM proof. Investigates, resolves and reports out of balance transactions. Assists with vault and shipment control activities as needed.
* Actively participates in all branch activities, including but not limited to; Huddles, Quickstarts, Call Nights, and Sales meetings.
* Ability to effectively complete and pass all required quarterly/annual BSA training requirements.
* Actively supports the Bank's community related initiatives in an effort to continue building the brand in all segments of the communities we serve.
* High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 3-5 years of comparable Retail experience.
* College degree preferred, but not required. LBE License preferred, but not required. Superior verbal and written communication skills are required. This position requires a willingness to travel to other locations, as well as adapt to various schedule changes that include evenings, weekend, lunch and/or breaks. Employees in this role will be required to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled