Richardson, Texas - Added 2018-12-06
UNIX / Linux Systems Administrator
We want people, not paper. Your resume is great and all, but we want to know what drives you? Join TSP and become part of a team of empowered individuals that create award-winning solutions. We focus on, and successfully meet our clients’ needs with people like YOU.
As the next UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator, you’ll be taking on these responsibilities:
- Provide Level 3 Linux & Unix Systems & Storage Administration for IT operations through problem resolution and process improvement for a large, global storage environment/infrastructure used by 4,000+ users (primarily RedHat, with some Solaris)
- Partner with application owners to provide UNIX/Linuxsolutions & support to achieve the business objectives
- Provide daily support and troubleshooting for test and production hardware, software, and operations issues
- Provide 7×24 on-call support as part of an on-call rotation to resolve and prevent IT issues
- Troubleshoot complex problems.
- Balance work across multiple projects and priorities with overlapping schedules
- React with urgency on issues/needs of business environment
- Apply best practices for managing the environment
- Implement actions through Change Management process and ticketing system
We know you can handle these things because you have experience like:
- 5+ years of experience in UNIX/Linux large enterprise environments
- Strong working knowledge of Linux & UNIX (preferably Red Hat / RHEL and Solaris) including hardware
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of scripting languages (PERL / Python / Shell)
- Storage experience with EMC VNX/Isilon, NETAPP, or any NAS Storage
- Working knowledge of NIS, NIS+, LDAP, NFS and DNS protocols
- Ability to ramp up quickly in current environment and provide leadership in proactively making process and support decisions to improve environment
- Strong written and verbal customer support skills
- Can work across organizational, geographical, and cultural boundaries
- Able to network with peers and customers both directly and in a virtual environment
If you feel stuck in your current position, consider joining our team. Here are some awesome reasons why you should:
You get to work in and around some of the nation’s largest and most well-known brands. Nearly every business today has IT needs, and TSP loves to meet those needs for our clients.
Training and Development
We love to promote our #TSProckstars up through the ranks. Certification opportunities, online training curriculum, and hands-on experience all play a part in our training program.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) are just some of the benefits you get as a team member. Oh, and did we mention, you only have to pay a small portion of the health premiums. Everything else is 100% free!
We are thrilled that you’d like to join our team and look forward to speaking with you! All you have to do now is apply.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
Network / Systems Administrator