Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Powering your potential.
Our Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Henderson, CO for an Upfit Technician-Level III.
Performs skilled activities which support manufacturing business needs. Selects and uses appropriate tools, machinery and specialty equipment. Learns and understands the protocols of working safely with electricity and other energy sources with industrial equipment. May work independently and instruct and/or coach others.
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures and regulations.
Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
Engage in HSE Training.
Learns and applies high standards of workmanship and craftsmanship.
Support equipment uptime and downtime failure analysis.
Performs supervised work in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and specifications using various tools, measuring and testing instruments.
Provide feedback into the Preventive Maintenance system.
Follows all process documentation and quality procedures.
Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
Performs quality inspections.
In accordance with the program of study makes appropriate progress necessary to build basic skills and knowledge required to meet the job qualifications.
Completes all required on the job training hours.
Repairs and maintains equipment and performs other miscellaneous duties within their capabilities .
Assists with preventive, emergency, corrective and predictive maintenance activities.
Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping and machine cleaning tasks.
Work with peers and support staff to:
Identify and reduce manufacturing constraints
Solve problems and improve processes
Participate in continuous improvement activities
Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
Participates actively with local Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
Requires significant relevant work experience or specialized skills obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
• 2-5 years of work experience or vocational tech training is preferred
• Due to the manufacturing nature of this opening, all applicants must be 18 years of age
• Ability to be trained & licensed in use of applicable forklift and scissor lift
• Cutting and handling of sheet metal and galvanized perforated steel
• Cutting and handling of various types of insulation
• Ability and/or willingness to learn MIG welding and fabricating
• Must be comfortable working on ladders or scissor lifts- must be comfortable wearing fall protection and all PPE.
• Must be willing to work overtime and Saturdays as required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to follow Company safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
• Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment interdependently through collaboration.
• Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
o Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
o Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
o Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
o No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
o No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
o No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
• Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Key words: auto body, painter, welder, metal prep, layout
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team.
Primary Location United States-Colorado-Broomfield-US, CO, Henderson, CSS Rocky Mountain 8213 E 96th
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Job Posting Jun 4, 2020, 8:27:44 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing