This position moves the foundation from staging to the upholstery table, spreads a foam panel on top of the grid and fastens the plastic corner supports with a nail gun. They then spread a top, cloth cover over the foundation and pull the sides down, flip the unit, and staple the cover to the wood framed bottom of the foundation. A cloth dust cover is then stapled to the bottom to finish the foundation. The finished unit is moved to the conveyor.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Continuous walking and standing (standing at workstation, walking short distances around workstation).
* Continuous repetitive use of hands/arms using staple gun.
* Frequent grasping of staple gun, top cover and bottom cover.
* Frequent pushing and pulling of the unit being completed and pulling of fabric to stretch it over the edges.
* Occasional reaching overhead to flip unit and pull cord activation of press.
* Occasional lifting and carrying of units weighing up to 50 pounds (movement of finished foundation to conveyor.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled