Fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design / engineering and aircraft specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, perform technical functions within design, customer, and FAA specifications. Specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
- Fit panels, cabin headliners, upper sidewall panels, lower sidewall panels, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads.
- Comply with safety, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Work with leads and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours using lean manufacturing and other improvement techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measurement tools and perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and work any shift.
- 1 year experience using commercial sewing machines, hand tools and upholstery material preferred.