UPK TEACHER'S ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
HOURS:Hourly Position for School Year (10 Months)
This position serves as a Teacher's Assistant in a UPK Classroom. The Teacher's Assistant will work collaboratively with the Lead Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 15-18 children. The Teacher's Assistant will also work with a team of other classroom teachers to implement the curriculum to achieve outcomes for children of all abilities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all children assigned to class are supervised at all times.
- Perform regular counts of children to ensure that all children are accounted for.
- Assist the assigned classroom team in implementing a child-centered, quality early childhood program.
- Assist in providing a safe, warm and supportive classroom atmosphere that supports each child's individual growth and development.
- Support and assist school staff as assigned if needed to act as a "floater" in other UPK classrooms, lunch duty, nap time supervision, etc.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff & team meetings.
- Assist with the nutrition services to children as assigned; including, but not limited to the following: storage of food and supplies, participate in family style dining, clean-up and sanitation, nutritional and educational activities.
- Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Notify immediate supervisor in the event of an unplanned absence (illness, personal emergencies, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience working with young children (Birth 5) preferred
- In possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, & seeing.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
Send your cover letter and resume to: