Lead IT Process Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About this role:
The Lead Information Technology (IT) Process Analyst will serve as a subject matter expert for DevOps tooling, metrics and reporting. This person will have a solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as working knowledge of Agile methodologies. Some key responsibilities will be the identification of gaps, challenges and recommended improvements to achieve higher levels of optimization with our DevOps tooling. Additional, but more general, job responsibilities include providing leadership to project teams for planning team work, developing quality work products, monitoring resources, reviewing work products, and resolving business issues. This position provides input on the development, direction, and implementation of I.S. strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. He/She guides project activities and teams in identifying opportunities for the development of standard methods and policies and improving the efficiency of processes. This position researches industry best practices, standards, trends, tools, methodologies, emerging technologies, and techniques. He/She influences the selection of standards, methods, tools, and applications for systematically approaching business problems. This position identifies areas for process improvement to meet business needs and increase effectiveness. He/She provides guidance to others on methodology, process, standards, and metrics. This position leads junior team members with project related activities and tasks.
- Subject matter expert for DevOps tooling, metrics and reporting. Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with Cloud Native Design and Microservices, CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development), Cloud Development/Architecture, OpenShift, Understanding of Package Managers, NPM, Maven, Nuget
- Effective communication, Teaching, Training experience, Agile and Scrum concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, negotiation and team building.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Expert working knowledge of DevOps and associated tooling and usage
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law