High volume Urgent Care department at Watson Clinic is seeking to add a Family Medicine or IM/Pediatrics Physician. Hours of service are Monday through Friday from 7am-10pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am-6pm. The group of 5 physicians will rotate 8 hour day and afternoon shifts during the week and work approximately one weekend a month. BE/BC in Family Medicine or IM/Pediatrics required. One year experience in a primary care office or Urgent Care/Walk-In Clinic setting preferred.
Facility and Organization
Work with extraordinary colleagues who share your dedication to medical excellence! Since our inception in 1941, Watson Clinic is physician owned and has evolved into one of the largest and most successful medical groups in the Southeast. With a population of over 500,000+, Lakeland/Central Florida is one of the fastest growing regions of the U. S. and Watson Clinics 220+ physician medical staff has distinguished themselves as healthcare leaders in our community.
- Work schedule that supports a busy practice as well as a very desirable quality of life
- Stable, financially sound physician-owned and operated
- NO PRACTICE START-UP COSTS
- Distinguished Board Certified physicians & experienced support staff
- Opportunity for partnership
- Large primary care base & multi-disciplinary medical team to refer patients within the Clinic network
- Ability to provide new technology and capital equipment
- Strength of an integrated delivery system with clinical research capabilities
- EPIC Electronic medical record system
- Centralized contracting for maximum reimbursement
- Exceptional suburban setting and varied patient mix
- Generous benefits and salary guarantee + bonus
- NO STATE INCOME TAX!
- Signing bonus; relocation assistance; malpractice insurance; CME allowance
- In-house services: Cardiac Rehab, Cancer Registry, Treadmill, Center for Rehab Medicine (speech, occupational and physical therapy), Center for Research, Chemotherapy, Cholesterol/Lipid Clinic, Diabetic Education, Echo, EEG, Hearing Center, Dialysis Center, full service laboratory, In Vitro Fertilization, Medical Spa, Nuclear Stress Testing, Nurse Run Clinic, Nutrition services, Osteoporosis Center, Pacemaker Clinic, Pharmacy, Phototherapy, Radiation Therapy, Radiology (MRI, CT, PET/CT, Mammography, Ultrasound), accredited Sleep Disorders Center, social work services.
The Center for Cancer Care & Research includes medical and surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, nurses, social workers, and dietitians and a 28-station infusion center. Affiliated with H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, Tampa, FL
Our convenient location between Tampa and Orlando provides easy access to 2 international airports (near Interstate 4 (I-4) and many indoor & outdoor activities that are readily available year-round. Our centralized location ensures a healthy environment where locally owned shops and restaurants thrive, as well as some of the largest manufacturers and nationally-recognized companies such as FedEx, Geico Insurance, Amazon, Publix Supermarkets and Rooms-To-Go furniture. Although the population continues to grow, housing is affordable and the citys cost of living and property taxes remain among the lowest in the state.
With year-round moderate weather, 243 days of sunshine, there are many local and nearby cultural events including museums, symphonies, theatres and zoos and a number of institutes of higher education. Residents not only appreciate local attractions such as Legoland, the Sun n Fun Fly-In (2nd largest air show in the U.S.), and Mosaics new Streamsong Resort, but also whats available in nearbyTampa and Orlando- Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, Sea World, Orlando Magic, NFLs Tampa Bay Bucs, NHLs Tampa Bay Lightning, and MLBs Tampa Bay Rays. Lakeland is also the spring training home for the Detroit Tigers with Clinic physicians serving as the official medical provider for their Florida operation.
Polk Countys Parks and Recreation maintains nearly 40 park sites and 11 mini-parks that include athletic facilities, picnic areas, a historical-oriented park, and 5 campgrounds. It also maintains 40 boat launching sites, produces special events and conducts a summer program. Youth athletic leagues and events are also a big draw here. Parks and Recreation oversees more than 120 sports fields and is responsible for 27 youth athletic leagues with more than 12,000 participants. Residents can easily enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including water skiing, fishing, boating, hiking, and private and public golf courses.
Lakelands quality of life is supported by the variety of arts & cultural opportunities for residents and visitors. Lakeland boasts the Nations largest single-campus collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture on the campus of Florida Southern College. The Polk Museum of Art features nine galleries in its two-story building. Outdoor gardens showcase permanent sculptures, while the indoor exhibit is dedicated to rotating and traveling exhibits and local arts. The Lakeland Center is a four-building, multi-purpose entertainment complex and is home to many diverse contemporary artist and performing arts programs including the Lakeland Broadway and Entertainment Concert Series, the acclaimed Imperial Symphony Orchestra, the Lakeland Concert Band, and various childrens performances and dance and talent competitions. The community nurtures the creative instincts of our youth at the Harrison School for the Visual and Performing Arts, and a training complex that offers expert instruction in the fields of dance, theatre, art and music.
Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
To apply send your CV to: WCPhysicians@watsonclinic.com
Phone: (800) 854-7786
Fax: (866) 316-5876