We are looking for Data Security Engineer for one of our Client. Please go through the job description below and if you feel comfortable with the Required skills and responsibilities, please reply me back with your updated word doc resume to Tanmay@flextoninc.com or contact me for more details at 408-3339242.
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Title: Data Security Engineer
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Splunk Admin and forwarder management related tasks
- Elastic Logstash/Beats related administration
- Conduct the data on-boarding process from start to finish with Splunk and or logstash/beats
- Conduct a hands-on session walking the system owner(s) through best-practices when introducing new data to Splunk or an Elastic Cluster
- Data on boarding across multiple data sources (windows, Linux, API, database, etc.)
- Data normalization (field extractions, tags, event types)
- Build data pipelines, ETL, and management of high volume data across distributed systems
- Ability to debug configuration issues
- Manually create regular expressions or GROK filters to properly extract interesting fields from a variety of log types and normalize fields to comply with a common information model/schema
- Create data models and knowledge objects as needed to onboard logs
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of project management tasks, experience creating documentation/presentations, and demonstrated ability to train other team members.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills