Apex Systems is looking for a Senior Test Engineer in the Dallas, Texas area!
Applicants must have 8+ years of technology and software experience with extensive Java experience to code automated testing solutions.
If interested in this position or any other Test Engineer opportunities, please contact Kelsey Laughlin at email@example.com 813-281-8800!
- Use extensive Java experience to code Automated Testing solutions
- Develop and enhance next generation Test Engineering Automation solutions in a Continuous Integration environment
- Be a key technical player in driving the architecture evolution of our software/data Test Automation Frameworks and related capabilities
- Define, design, development, documentation and maintenance of tools and Automation Frameworks for current and next gen Software Platforms/Frameworks as part of an Agile team
- Partner with different stake holders - Product Management, Application Development, DevOps and other Technical teams in planning and coordination
- Document and communicate Automation Framework functions, interfaces, performance criteria, test cases and results to diverse audiences
- Provide guidance, training, and mentoring of Test Engineers and help with the Transition process of an Enterprise Quality Assurance department to Enterprise Test Engineering department.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience.
- 8-10 years of technology and software Experience.
- Experience as SDET/Test Automation engineer in design and development of Applications, Tools or Test Automation Frameworks using any high-level structured programming language.
- Hands on Experience of implementing QA testing frameworks as well as contributing to the improvement of frameworks by designing advanced automated solutions using current tools and techniques.
- Hands on experience in Testing with focus on Test Development, Test Automation Framework implementations etc. in Enterprise/Internet commercial software environments
- Advanced java development skills, understanding of design patterns, data structures, and experience working in a layered architecture with significant experience applying those skills in test environments,
- Ability to develop, maintain, enhance and execute complex automated scripts using Selenium.
- Ability to programmatically test any software product and develop tests for your own code
- Ability to interpret technical designs and specifications and design automated solutions accordingly.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD principles
- Experience in CI/CD tools/technologies such as Maven, GIT, Cloudbees, BitBucket etc.
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.)
- Experienced in mentoring more junior QA engineers and providing guidance as needed.
- Experience with Quality tools like JIRA, HP ALM
- Experience in writing test plans, creating strategic metric reports, and proactively identifying and mitigating project risks
- Self-motivated, methodical problem solver, who is detail and quality oriented.
- Self-starter / demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Nice to Have (Plus)
- Java certification is a plus
- AWS certification is a plus
- Experience in API Tests and Automation
- Experience with tools like Docker
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178