UX Designer, Washington, DC
Will serve as a User Experience (UX) Web Designer on a contract-to-hire position (preferred) in Washington, DC.
Will be part of a team supporting a federal client with an information-sharing mission. Design and build content-rich web applications using the Agile development methodology. Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client. The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, work independently, and have superior interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate for this position has experience in visual design.
Under minimal direction, perform as a user experience designer and UX front-end developer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, design comps, and prototypes. The UX Web Designer will utilize their experience with development to translate the wireframes into code. The UX Web Designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with usability, accessibility and compliance user-testing.
- Candidate should be able to design and develop wireframe or prototypes based on requirements and validate the design with users using the latest UI/UX products
- Develop mobile and cross-browser compatible responsive front-end interfaces using frameworks like Bootstrap or Angular.
- Work with the application team to make sure that the components are in compliance with UI/UX guidelines and Standards
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Using high and low fidelity design tools, deliver the appropriate interface designs including prototypes, mockups, wireframes, user stories, user journeys, optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and forthcoming functions and features that maintain a consistent user interface across all product offerings
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate the design solutions. Drive and participate in usability testing
- Collaborate with other team members and department stakeholders including Business Analysis, UI Engineering, and Client Support.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident only (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary
- 5+ years relevant, professional UX design experience working with complex web application development
- 3+ year of experience with front-end development
- Solid familiarity and experience in Agile Methodology and Scrum ceremonies
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with standard wireframing and UX tools
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Good grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, solutions to teams and clients, and be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Previous experience in Visual Design
- Ability to pass a basic government background check
- Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
Desired skills include:
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience working with section 508/WCAG 2.0
- Experience with automated unit testing frameworks (Selenium)
- Experience or exposure with ticketing automation tools such as Jira/Confluence
- Previous experience performing on a government contract is a plus
PLEASE USE REFERENCE #091904