Apex's client is seeking a mid to senior level UX Designer for an exciting opportunity in Sandy Springs, GA! This would be a high visibility project. Experience with research and design is a must! It is a 6 month contract, and while on contract you would have access to Apex's benefits!
If you are interested in this position please email Krystina at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 911726.
User Experience Designer / Researcher
In the exciting world of IoT - connecting devices, hardware, software and other sensory objects to improve automobile and driver intelligence is what our client is all about. That’s why our goal is to create extraordinary user experiences for each of our customers. To achieve this, we need to craft simple, reliable and engaging user interaction experiences across a multitude of services.
Within the innovation team, you will play a lead role in executing agile experimentation to identify and develop new products and services concepts that drive value to the telematics business. As the ideas come fast, you will work with product to help evolve an initial thought into a potential product, with users to help validate and size it. You need to be okay dealing with ambiguity, reading between the lines and failing fast.
- Work with product leaders to help envision new concepts and products
- Help evolve early idea by prototyping possible solutions
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods to help evolve the solution and determine its market viability
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide input for design and product decisions based on that feedback.
- Work with the product and development team to follow a user-centered design approach as you work collaboratively and iteratively to brainstorm & design innovative experiences
- Create and collaborate on paper and functional prototypes on various levels of fidelity.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and changing environment
- User experience interviews and testing to gather continuous customer insights
- Design and manage the development of Minimum Viable Products to launch into the market
- 4+ years as a user experience or product designer and researcher
- Experience in designing applications for mobile and web IOS & Android platforms. Up to date on latest innovations & standards in interface design for these platforms.
- Experience with iterative design sprints in agile / lean development.
- Understanding of formal design processes (e.g. iterative, UCD, design thinking approaches) and methodologies and application to new product development.
- Strong prototyping skills with the ability to generate high fidelity mockups & prototypes
- Quantitative and qualitative user research experience including planning & facilitating user interviews, sample selection and recruiting, surveys, in-person and remote usability testing, ethnographic field research, etc.
- Must have a portfolio with web and mobile applications and services that demonstrates a strong design aesthetic and usable, engaging product experiences
- Excellent collaboration (joint projects), interpersonal (warm and inviting) and communication (clear, concise and erudite) skills.
- Excellent problem solving (start with first principle approach) and multi-tasking (several projects, initiatives concurrently) skills
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams. Be able to produce and explore several design options for new concepts
- Enough data skills to be self-sufficient in analyzing the results of your quantitative & qualitative research..
- You are adept at managing multiple research vendors through contracts, statement of works, etc. to partners for recruiting & data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate design choices and influence design thinking as well as the ability to tell stories around insights that will help the team execute on your findings
- Expert in design & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, Proto, Marvel, Flinto, etc.
- Familiarity with testing platforms such as usertesting.com, surveymonkey, userzoom, usabilityhub, optimal workshop, etc
- Bachelors or Masters or advanced certificates in Interaction design, HCI, graphic design, industrial design, computational design, creative management, anthropology, cognitive psychology, human factors, or related field, or equivalent experience. Relevant Experience preferred over formal degrees.
Nice to Have
- Start-up or Agency experience
- Show interest and knowledge in the Telematics and IoT space with demonstrated user empathy
- Expert in an Agile environment, comfortable interacting with other software development processes
- A Master’s degree
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178