The User Experience Designer is responsible for the design, architecture and evaluation of company products that provide elegant solutions for end users. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems, graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interfaces. May focus and grow specialization while increasing skills across all other specialty areas (e.g., information architecture, visual design, interaction design, and usability research.)
About the UX Team
Come and join the largest and fastest growing UX team in Thomson Reuters! We are a highly-diverse, multi-disciplinary team of over 80 smart, self-driven UX professionals that take great pride in our work, and love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users’ needs. Our dedicated, open work space is ideal for promoting an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of cloud-based, data-driven applications for the Legal market that gross over $3.5B annually, and range in size and scale from months to multiple years.
About the Role
As a User Interface Designer will be responsible for taking complex information and creating interfaces that are simple to use and elegantly designed. You will be a strong critical thinker that pays attention to the details, and have a passion for clean, modern, usable design.
- BA/BS in graphic design, fine art, visual communications, human computer interaction (HCI), related field or equivalent industry training / experience
- 2+ years design experience in an information design, user interface design, human factors engineering, user experience, or information architect position
- 1+ years of UI design experience in a fast-paced development environment with experience in large, complex software or web applications
- Familiarity with Agile development
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record and portfolio of high-quality, user interface designs through all phases of the product design lifecycle.
- Knowledge of UI design methodology and processes (user-centered and iterative design).
- Strong foundation of fundamental design principles and disciplines that affect typography, color use, animation, composition, use of space, distribution of information, etc.
- Ability to create rapid iterations of UI design concepts
- Strong understanding of current web and mobile design technology opportunities and limitations.
- Confidence in working with strong, passionate, fast-paced team environment.
- Must know how to turn user research and usability feedback into easy to use solutions.
- Must be an advocate for the user and be able to implement feature-sets and interactions that provide an excellent customer experience.
- Design, document and maintain the following user interface aspects:
- Interaction controls and elements
- Building blocks
- Standards and guidelines
- Industry-standard design and prototyping tools
- Working knowledge of CSS and web accessibility standards (WCAG2.0) a plus
- Strong time-management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Scope of Influence
- Ability to effectively present design options for review
- Ability to interact with other team members, both in UXE team and wider cross-functional capacity (technology, content, marketing, product development)
- Ability to justify and articulate design decisions
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America