We are looking for a User Experience/User Interface Engineer (UXE/UIE) to help us drive innovative User Experiences across our portfolio and be part of dynamic and growing UX/UI team. You will work at the intersection of design and technology. Working closely with product designers and researchers, you will help rapidly prototype interactions, animations, and multiple design elements to create delightful user experiences. In addition, to exploring and testing new design concepts, you will also use your technical expertise to assist engineers optimize the implementation of those design concepts and components. This role at Nutanix is a great opportunity to influence the design process, improve our customer’s experience, and drive innovation.
- Produce and maintain React and Angular components libraries according to the Design System.
- Educate Engineering teams about the Design System best practices and consumption, as well as improving accessibility in the UI.
- Create prototypes to deliver delightful experiences and have them tested with our customers.
- Work closely with Designers to ensure the correct use of Nutanix’s Design System.
- Work with research to create prototypes for proof of concepts.
- Educate Designers about our Components Libraries basics to allow them to build real world functional interfaces.
- Be the liaison between Design and Engineering teams to ensure smooth communication and requirements understanding on both sides to ensure intuitive and high quality interfaces on final products and services.
- Front End / UI development knowledge and experience, including JS, OOJS, Single page App, JS Frameworks & Libraries, HTML, CSS, Preprocessors, Animations, Responsive, Git, Unit Tests
- Deep understanding and sensibility to Graphic & UX Design
- Basic knowledge of Sketch & Photoshop
- Basic knowledge in Semantic & Accessibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and empathy mindset