Thomson Reuters is looking for a passionate User Experience Intern to join our cross-discipline user experience team working on our global tax, accounting and financial portfolio. Our team loves solving tough problems and we hope you do too. Our work spans desktop, tablet, and mobile experiences for all types of users. The team focuses on high-quality execution and high collaboration with our partners in product and engineering. It is an exciting time to work in the tax and accounting space as we move to bring the next-generation of software-as-a-service products to our customers.
The Summer 2020 Program is Scheduled for the following time frame: May 26th - August 21, 2020.
A strong focus on user experience design and research is seen as a vital part of delivering simple and intuitive products to our customers.
User Experience Interns are expected to:
- Empathizes deeply with our customers and leverage systems thinking to inform simple and intuitive designs
- Under the guidance and mentor-ship of senior team members, collaborate closely with our Product Managers, Product Owners, and developers to transforms complex tasks into simple and intuitive experiences to our customers using a human-centered design approach
- Contribute to designs in an iterative fashion collaborating with senior team members, taking concepts and requirements from the initial discovery phase through final implementation, testing with customers along the way
- Design or research for our suite of products in a complex environment for our customers
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the design of product deliverables for the next-generation software-as-a-service products within the Tax and Accounting space
- Leverage your existing knowledge and apply new learnings in human-centered design methodologies and design to deliver simple and intuitive designs in collaboration with product and technology
- Participate in workshops with stakeholders, customers, Product Owners, Product Managers, engineers, and others to drive alignment on designs
- Develop your skills in articulating design concepts and delivering a range of artifacts including user personas, storyboard, journey maps, user flows, process flows, highly interactive prototypes in Axure for user testing, high fidelity designs using Sketch and our component library for hand-off to engineering
Your experience encompasses:
- Currently studying in a field related to User Experience Design such as Psychology, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other field with relatable experience
- Ideally one internship in User Experience Design under your belt or other professional experience
- Knowledge of Sketch, Axure and Abstract or other similar design and prototyping software (tools change, we get it!)
- Aware of Atomic design, Design Systems, and Agile processes
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences and presenting strong rationale for design decisions
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Masterâs degree in a field of study related to the job
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America