User Experience (UX) Researcher
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Researcher to join our talented team of Experience Designers supporting Omni Channel. As part of this team, you will share ownership of the customer experience by supporting UX Research projects across multiple platforms and channels, including Desktop, Mobile Phone and Tablet (web responsive, native iOS and Android).
- Translate stakeholder needs into clear research objectives
- Analyze and determine the appropriate research methodology and develop research/test plans to achieve stakeholder goals
- Employ a variety of test methodologies such as Standard Usability Testing, Comparative Testing, Ethnographic Studies, Contextual Inquiry, Rapid Iterative Testing, Prototype Testing, Concept Validation, Card-Sorting, Benchmarking
- Conduct research across multiple platforms, and cross-channel: desktop, tablet, mobile, native apps, and physical spaces (store environments)
- Lead contextual inquiry research, such as ethnography, diary studies, etc. to understand the OmniChannel user journey
- Create appropriate recruitment screener for each study to ensure the recruit matches target demographics
- Create well-written deliverables that provide succinct, and actionable insights
- Utilize remote, unmoderated usability test platforms (usertesting.com, UserZoom) to rapidly turn around concurrent tests
- Facilitate moderated usability test sessions
- Train and mentor junior researchers
- Maintain usability lab equipment and set-up, and create session recordings and highlight video clips using Morae software
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues related to test recording software and devices
- Analyze quantitative data and synthesize it with qualitative feedback.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 6+ years of experience conducting user research for large e-commerce organizations in an in-house or agency setting
- Advanced proficiency in evaluating user interactions and identifying opportunities to improve the digital user experience
- Self-starter, with proven track record of managing time and prioritizing work load with minimum supervision
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.