Ubisoft is composed of over 13,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The companys 30different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Rabbids, Rayman, Watch Dogs, Far Cry, The Crew, Just Dance and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.Job Description
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time User Interface Programmer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and experienced person for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.
You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology, building user interfaces that complement the gameplay visuals and experience. You'll work with experienced UI designers with excellent style and usability experience. You will work on a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
- Work with the lead engineer to develop UI features and systems
- Collaborate with the UI designers to develop the user experience
- Create and maintain technical design documents
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
- Review user interface and optimize performance and resource utilization
- Consult with UI designers to ensure best performance and user experience
- Three plusyears programming experience
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game as UI engineer for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS
- Mastery of C/C
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Works well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Experience with ActionScript, Flash, and Scaleform
- Strong knowledge of performance/memory constraints of building game UI required
- Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python, Perl)
- Good debugging skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.