Summary of Responsibilities
The Springfield Cardinals are now accepting applications for the Usher-Event Staff position. The Springfield Cardinals take pride in the outstanding service we provide our guests each and every time they come to a ballgame. As an Usher (Event Staff) you will play an integral part in providing a safe and welcoming fan experience by checking bags, scanning tickets upon entry, monitoring seating sections and exclusive areas, restricting and permitting access, and helping patrons with various needs as they arise.
***This is a general interest posting. This job will be open to applications throughout the 2019 season.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Greet guests and assist them throughout the game to ensure a safe, clean, and family--friendly experience
- Check bags and scan tickets upon guest arrival
- Monitor ticketed areas
- Permit and restrict access to exclusive areas
- Help patrons with various needs
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older
- Respectful, polite, and available to work almost all events
- Able to handle the physical aspects of the job (i.e. walking, climbing steps, and standing for long periods of time and in cold and hot weather)
- Ability to assist and supervise fan interactions as needed
- Resourceful with good problem solving skills
- Outgoing, personable, energetic and enthusiastic personality