Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500 theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. *Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details*
What is an Usher / Food Runner?
The Usher / Food Runner is responsible for providing seamless Guest service and an extraordinarily memorable dining experience. Thorough knowledge of the menu and ingredients/preparation is required. This position works closely with the Management team to be knowledgeable about Cinemark's policies and procedures, along with any specials and be able to successfully execute initiatives to achieve objectives in sales, guest service, satisfaction, food quality and presentation, cleanliness and sanitation for all designated area of operation.
Additional responsibilities including but not limited to bussing, cleaning tables may be assigned as needed.
A Day in the Life of an Usher / Food Runner:
- Support the Bar and Server teams through assisting with delivering food to Guests in a timely, efficient, and friendly manner using pivot points where applicable.
- Support the Bar and Server teams through cleaning tables, resetting stations, and maintaining dining room cleanliness where applicable.
- Ability to notice quality identifiers and differentiate between menu items on a tray
- Warmly and genuinely engage with Guests when appropriate when delivering food, cleaning tables, or encountering while walking through the dining room.
- Follow established policies and safety and sanitation standards in all areas of operation.
- Communicate effectively with servers and Management on duty for any Guest requests in a timely, efficient, and friendly manner
- Clear, clean and re-set guest tables upon departure
- Keep food pass area clean and organized according to Cinemark operational standards, assist the expeditor with organizing completed orders and restock items as needed or requested
- Deliver extraordinarily memorable Guest experiences at all times
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to be able to move quickly
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move, carry, push and pull heavy bulk food products and containers from remote or separate storage areas. Sometimes this must be done quickly in order to keep shelves stocked
- Requires the ability to reach at different levels
- Ability to obtain a health card or food handlers permit is essential (where required)
- Employees who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.