DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Employment & Staffing Supervisor and Event Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Usher for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Survey assigned area and report any problems (i.e. dirty or damaged seats, wet floor, etc.) to their supervisor
* Familiarize yourself with the location of the nearest exit ramp, pay phone, police officer, person with a dome radio, supervisor in case of an emergency and nearest restroom
* Greet each guest with a warm smile and friendly greeting (i.e. "good afternoon" or "welcome to the Superdome")
* Check each ticket completely, noting the date, time, color, event or game, number, level, section, row, seat, and performance or game. Be familiar with the numbering of your seating area and the general seating system of the entire dome
* Guide each guest to the correct seat. If guest has tickets for another seating area, thank them and direct them to the proper area by way of the concourse
* Keep guest moving; this avoids congestion and eliminates traffic, blocking entrances, concourse, stairways and ramps
* Advise patrons that smoking is not permitted in the main seating area. They may smoke in the designated areas B, D, F and H lobbies
* Keep crosswalks, aisles, and portals clear of standing spectators
* Receive and act on any complaints from the guest. Never let a guest's problem go unanswered. If you cannot give a patron satisfaction, refer the problem or question to your supervisor at once.
* If at any time a guest is not cooperative refer problem to your supervisor or police
* After events, help clear building and check for lost items (turn over any lost items to supervisor)
* During event breaks or timeouts of sporting games, walk to the front of the aisles and check for individuals who may not belong
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Excellent communication skills
* Able to read and understand written English
* Able to distinguish colors of different credentials
* Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours, and ability to climb stairs
* Must successfully pass a criminal background check
Education and/or Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 years customer service or retail experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled