AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oaklande Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Usher is responsible for properly checking guests’ tickets as they enter the seating areas, concourses, and other areas of the facility. The Usher directs guests to their seats and to other services around the facility; including restrooms, concessions, first-aid, and other event-specific locations as directed by the Event Manager.
- Greet and interact with all guests in a welcoming and friendly manner
- Direct guests to their ticketed seats or to the appropriate seating section
- Ensure that only guests with the proper ticket are sitting in assigned section
- Answer guest questions with regard to event and facility, e.g. location of particular section, restrooms, concession stand, first-aid, etc
- Handle complaints, disturbances, or related problems with guests
- Forward complaint to supervisor or Event Manager as applicable
- Ensure guests are following all policies and code of conduct requirements
- Keep aisles, concourses, and stairs clear of guests while event is in progress
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 0-1 years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be personable and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in a team environment, interacting with multiple departments
- Understanding of written and spoken English
- Able to see and read small sized text on tickets (paper and electronic)
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.